Bookleys non-discrimination policy
We are a platform that offers maximum respect to all individuals irrespective of their backgrounds, gender, religion, social class etc. All guests and hosts always feel free in our platform at all times. We agree to a great extent that different people hold different opinions and that we should use our differences to strengthen our community. Our community members must, therefore, be cognizant of the county and national government laws that govern their jurisdictions to avoid all issues of conflict that may lead to the discomfort of other members in the platform.
ETHNICITY, RACISM, RELIGION, GENDER ETC
We oftentimes take serious measures on hosts who tend to decline bookings from clients based on ethnicity, color, origin, sexual or religious orientation by either banning them or reporting them to the authorities for further directions. Our community members are always advised to refrain from speeches or listings or postings that may portray members of different religions, gender or ethnicity in bad faith.
Our hosts will therefore not be able to know the gender, religious or ethnic orientation of their guests until a reservation is made. The only special case is when they host share a room with the guests hence members of certain genders may be disadvantaged by sharing the same rooms.
In as much as we are strict on discrimination, our hosts may be allowed to restrict their rooms to individuals of certain ages especially when the conditions in the rooms may greatly disadvantage members of certain age brackets e.g. toddlers and infants.
Our hosts are not allowed to change the reservations of rooms upon checking in by our physically challenged members or even raise fees once a reservation has been made. However, they are allowed to provide accurate information before-hand as to any situations such as availability or lack of accessibility features that may make their rooms appropriate or inappropriate to the disabled individuals.
Our hosts have the exclusive rights to decline guests who decide to come with pets before-hand i.e. before they list their properties. Such guests who prefer to travel with their pets will be able to see other listings where pets are allowed.
Bookleys is constantly watching hosts who continuously decline guests in certain patterns hence they may be suspended or irreversibly banned from using our platform.
WHAT HAPPENS TO NON-COMPLIANT HOSTS?
Hosts will always be trained on the non-discriminative policy and are expected to abide by them. Bookleys will, therefore, take serious measures such as suspension and banning of defaulters who continue to ignore our policies
Bookleys - content policy
Every second and minute, fresh content is continuously posted on our platform. If this content is not correctly monitored, we may end up with violations of our policies which may result in infringement of other users’ rights. It should be noted the administration of Bookleys reserves the exclusive rights of deleting any contents that go contrary to the rights of other users.
WHAT CONTENTS AM I NOT ALLOWED TO POST ON BOOKLEYS?
- Contents with rival commercial interests aimed at advertising other business like company logos, company names, links to other companies which rival Bookleys
- Spammed information that has been shared severally in other platforms which are not entirely useful to members of our community.
- Information that may be interpreted as obscene, vulgar, illegal or harmful to our community members.
- Information that discriminates on users on such areas as gender, race, ethnicity, age, sex etc.
- Information that may lead to impersonation of another user, their entities, account information or a Bookleys staff.
- Information that may identify the exact location of a listing that is available on Bookleys hence jeopardizing the security of our hosts
- Hosts are not allowed to post images or videos with their contact information such as phone number, email address etc
- Use of symbols and emojis on listing titles
- Our clients are not allowed to post reviews that are biased and that do not represent the true experiences that they had on our website and other related platforms.
- Clients are not allowed to make reviews that have been subjected to incentives in order to boost ratings of the hosts.
- Clients are not allowed to post reviews secondary to threats by other users in our community
Bookleys - Policy on weapons on listings
Bookleys is at the pinnacle of ensuring safety of all community members. As such, all weapons that are discoverable in a listing must be secured to ensure there is little or no potential of causing harm to our community members. It is our plea that all weapons on Bookleys must have been secured whether disclosed or not.
A weapon is a device that can be set into motion and cause physical and emotional damage to our community members and may range from pepper sprays, guns etc. As such, it is advisable to secure the weapons in compartments such as cabinets and locked cases with only access allowed to authorized users
Bookleys - Fees
We would have loved to offer our services for free in the spirit of giving back to society. However, there is a greater need to remain competitive as well as offer an efficient 24/7 customer service to all our members. Bookleys is at the center stage in offering the market’s lowest fees hence ensuring that our hosts go home with the lion’s share of any reservations or experiences provided.
Fees on Guests
It is imperative to note that our guests are 100% exempted from paying fees on the website. Only hosts are subjected to fees
Hosts and guests are responsible for their own taxation and remittances thereof. We will never be held responsible for any cases of tax fraud since as a company we will only be submitting taxes due to our revenues and not other third-party individuals.
Fees on Hosts
Our hosts will only be charged a 5% hosting fee, which is undoubtedly the market’s lowest rate. We take pride in being humane with our commissions.
Bookleys - Cancellation Policy
It should be noted that any cancellation by a guest always inconveniences our hosts and as such we have to apply some penalties to help in compensating the host as well as catering for efforts of our staff to try solving the matter and help them get new guests within the very limited time remaining.
In all actions we take, we will always do them in a humane way such that there is little damage if any.
There are scenarios whereby cancellations would be unavoidable and we would waive any penalties that may have been applied automatically by our system.
CIRCUMSTANCES THAT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE DOCUMENTATION
Death in most cases is always unexpected and may occur to the host, guest, co-hots, caregivers or even people that are closely related to them. In such an event, you will be required to issue us with the following documents:
- A police report
- Any news article discussing the death
- Death certificates
- Burial Permit
- A letter from the mortuary where the body is stored
ACCIDENTAL SERIOUS INJURY AND ILLNESS
Members will be required to provide a registered doctor’s statement that they are unable to host or travel on specific dates due to a specific illness or injury and must be dated a day after the reservation was done.
These include court obligations, military duties etc and must be accompanied with adequate documentation showing they happened after the reservations were made.
UNFORSEEN DAMAGE OF ASSETS, REPAIRS ETC
These damages and repairs must demonstrate that they are in a position to enable safe hosting of guests or even hinder your guests from enjoying maximum fulfillment while using the amenities. You must, therefore, provide us with the following documents
- Photos of the damage
- Invoice of the repairs
- Receipts of the repairs that have been done
- Estimated time frame when the fixing will be completed
- Evidence that maintenance and repair is being conducted
May include aspects like road closures, cancellations of flight, natural disasters. Please provide us with a notice of road closure or airline report for flight cancellation. We will not accept free cancellations resulting from airport strikes, overbookings, rescheduled flights etc.
TRAIN, BUS OR FERRY CANCELLATIONS
Please provide screenshots of the company’s website or link showing the official statement from the carrier.
SITUATIONS THAT WILL REQUIRE SPECIAL REVIEWS
There are certain circumstances when Bookleys will not demand documentations when cancellations are done but we will have to confirm and they are listed herein:
- Natural disasters, civilian upheaval and terrorist activity that will hamper the guests from traveling to their rooms.
- Endemic diseases that attack certain regions unexpectedly and are not always common in those regions.
- Travel bans that have been affected by governments, authorities or military organizations.
- Safety threat advisories imposed on particular listings or the guests’ current location.
- Sudden changes on VISA or Passport requirements which make it difficult for the guest to travel to the destination
Whenever you need to cancel a reservation due to valid reasons mentioned above, all you need to do is to cancel the reservation then reach us out through firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookleys - Extortion Policy
Bookleys is by far Kenya’s greatest home-grown room-booking online platform that has provides the best policy on non-extortion. The online community has been awash with many users in other platforms using reviews to seek unfair advantages from hosts or clients.
In this regard, Bookley’s strongly prohibits the following activities among others:
- Guests who use ratings to force their hosts to make refunds, unfair discounts, unfair amenities or even reciprocal positive reviews.
- Hosts who offer free stays or highly discounted stays and compel their guests to reciprocate the favors by offering positive reviews.
- Hosts who pay their guests to revise a previous poor rating to boost their overall ratings for future stays
- Hosts who offer free stays to clients in order to compel them to resolve disputes that might exist between them.
We also do not prohibit our guests from:
- Hosts and guests from reviewing initial ratings within the stipulated time frame
- A host is allowed to request their guest to be honest in their reviews.
- A guest getting in touch with a host to seek clarifications before making reviews and ratings
Why Am I Having Trouble Seeing Guest’s Photos?
As part of our non-discriminatory policy, hosts can only see the profile photos of
their guests until they confirm the reservations or in instances when the guests do not have profile photos and the hosts are comfortable with such bookings.
Our hosts are entitled to cancel bookings when the guests have no real photos (eg
cartoon etc) and they will not be penalized whatsoever by the system.
Bookleys - How Can I Inform My Landlord That I Am Hosting Guests on Their Property
We strongly understand that you may need to host guests in say an apartment or house that belongs to other people. There is a greater potential for disagreements to occur between you and the owner. As such, always try to inform the owner of the property prior about yourself and intentions to host on their property. Also, keep the neighbors updated about anytime you get a reservation in order to make them friendlier towards the guests. Inform the owner of the property about your scheduled reservations and also show that you will always be responsible for the guests that may use their property during the stays.
Bookleys - What is the Best Way to Prepare for Hosting on Bookleys
- Ensure that you indicate vital information in a place that is accessible to guests in the house such as WIFI password, door-lock password, house rules etc.
- Always update your calendar to ensure that you only indicate the days when you are in a position to host guests.
- Always check your email notifications in case there is a need to respond to a reservation request.
- Always be within reach of your mobile phone in case our Bookleys support need to reach out to you for an emergency.
- Ensure that your guests can comfortably obtain your keys even in your absence.
- Hire the services of professionals who will help with services like cleaning, interior design, furniture repair etc to help give your house the killer look.
- Always try to buy items such as soaps etc in bulk to help you reduce on operation costs by taking advantage of economies of scale.
Bookleys - Who Can Host on Bookleys
Bookleys operates a non-discriminatory policy whereby anyone is allowed to list their spaces as long as it is habitable, even if it is on air, under water or below the surface of the earth. Once you have listed your space, our team will quickly check if it is suitable and approve your hosting request ASAP!
Hosts can list spaces anywhere across the world as long as they comply with the rules and regulations of their countries
Basic Requirements for Hosts
- Quick Response: As a host it is imperative that you keep checking your emails or our platform in order to be in touch of any clients that may be looking for your attention.
- Good Ratings: We are building a community of efficient service providers so we expect our hosts to offer better services that will attract better ratings
- Acceptance of Reservations: Our guest will be proud when you can accept their reservation request whenever you are in a position to do so.
- Avoid Cancellations: Ensure you provide the exact services you listed in order to reduce on cancellations as well as disappointing our guests.
- Good Communication: Always ensure that you communicate nicely to our guests and in a way that you do not appear rude. If you have to decline a request, please do it with decorum. Remember, you might be someone’s guest tomorrow and you will expect to be treated nicely.
- Provision of Amenities: ensure that all basic amenities are provided to bake the stay of our guests more comfortable and hence better ratings on your account.
Bookleys - Requirements to Book on Bookleys
As a routine procedure, we will ask our guests to provide us with details of their private information to help in making the community a better place. These information may include:
- Email Address
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- Description of oneself
- Payment information.
- Government issued identification document
Bookleys - Policy on Cctv, Cameras and Other Recording Devices
A recording device is any item that has the potential to record, transmit, motion, still images, audio or video and may include items such as baby monitors, nanny monitors etc.
Bookleys Company is strongly respects the privacy of our community members and as such we strongly prohibit any recording devices (disclosed or not) that have the potential of recording movements or operations of our members while they are in the rooms.
Hosts must inform the guests through the house rules of the presence of any recording devices in their listings. If a host decides to indicate that in deed they have recording devices in the rooms after a booking has been done, we will cancel that reservation and penalize you heftily for breaching the privacy of our members.
On the other hand, our guests must not use recording devices to spy or record other users in the house without the consents of the third parties. If you do so, we will suspend or even remove you from our community. A guest must therefore inform the potential host of any intentions to use recording devices prior to completing a reservation.
Bookleys - Policy on Dangerous Animals
We understand that there are certain community members who may need to travel or keep dangerous animals. It is important that guests ensure that they notify their hosts that they are travelling with dangerous animals and only proceed to do so when they are cleared by the hosts. The hosts must also include in the house rules, the availability of the dangerous animals. We will take dire actions if an animal injures a community member and may include suspension or banning of accounts.
Dangerous animals have a greater propensity to cause harm to individuals. As such, all community members must ensure that they secure all their dangerous animals to safeguard other members.